– 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 1/2 pound scallops
– 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup white wine
– 2 tablespoons butter
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Lemon wedges, for serving
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot. Add the shrimp and scallops, and cook until they are pink, watch to not overcook the seafood, about 2-3 minutes per side. Shrimp and scallops should reach a temperature of at least 145˚F.
*It’s important to cook seafood, such as shrimp and scallops, to a safe temperature to prevent food borne illnesses. The safe minimum internal temperature for cooked shrimp and scallops is 145°F (63°C). You can use a food thermometer to ensure that the seafood has reached this temperature.
**When cooking shrimp and scallops, it’s important not to overcook them as they can become tough and rubbery. Generally, shrimp and scallops only need to be cooked for a few minutes until they turn opaque and firm to the touch. If you’re cooking them in a recipe with other ingredients, make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to avoid overcooking the seafood.
Remove the shrimp and scallops from the skillet and set aside.
2. Add the garlic to the same skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the white wine to the skillet and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the butter and stir until melted and combined with the wine.
4. Return the shrimp and scallops to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the shrimp, scallops, and asparagus hot with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious shrimp, scallops, and asparagus dish!